Saturday, November 22, 2014

Replies

I figured I might as well post my replies to the questions people email me to prevent future inbox congestion.

1. Yes, the calendar is not up to date. I don't feel like editing it.
2. Yes, expect DICE uploads to slow down. Upload days will range from Sat. to Tues. (I'll try, at least).
3. No, I don't think I will put up ads on the blog because Fruit from webtoonsreader.com (this place has got some gud manhwas) was gracious enough to buy the url for dicescans and I now regard this as holy ground. However, if I do ever put up ads, 100% of proceeds will go to a charity.
4. Yes, there may be another hiatus sometime in December (heads up) because A) Finals B) Christmas C) I have a life.. lol jk I got no life.
5. No, I do not play SC2 or Skyrim. I don't know why this is relevant for those of you who asked..
6. No, I don't believe we need any more help as of now. Unless you're willing to do SFX.
7. No, I don't get paid and you will not get paid for helping me.

El fin~

1 comment :

  1. About SFX, I'd like to point out that if any of you consider volunteering, please do reflect about it carefully.

    DICE is not easy to redraw, and if we take someone up to do SFX, said person would be required to do it in a way that does not affect our overall speed. (After all, the last poll confirmed that the vast majority of people don't want delays because of SFX redrawing.)

    The reason Kfnmpah and I can keep the speed is because he is a one-man army for edition and I offer him support. He can clean, typeset and redraw, and I can do the first two and proofread, so I normally take the drudgery and he does the redrawing. Time zone differences also work to our advantage. (The three of us are spread of twelve time zones, so one can work while the other two are busy or sleeping.)

    So, if you are a very good, fast cleaner-redrawer who can also typeset (and SFX are difficult in both accounts), have free time throughout the week and are very motivated, by all means do contact Jin and be prepared to be put in charge of the entire editing pipeline for DICE SFX (cleaning, redrawing and typesetting). It's not for the faint-hearted: in terms of work-hours, you might end up having the biggest workload among us.

    Of course, if we got more than one person to share SFX work the individual burden would be lighter, but in my experience the bigger the team, the harder to manage it and the easier for there to be delays because a member was caught up in real life issues.

    In short: before applying, remember that our goal is, when Jin is not on hiatus and unless Kfnmpah and I also have to take breaks due to real life matters, to keep weekly releases.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! It'll be posted shortly after review (we've had some spam lately).