Monday, March 7, 2016

Calling off the cleaner recruitment

At the same time I am immensely happy with all the messages we have been getting from people volunteering to help cleaning DICE while I am travelling, it is a bit sad to have to write polite refusals.

I say that because we have already found our replacement cleaner. I'll do the introduction when we release chapter 132 (because 131 I have cleaned myself).

Therefore, I'm calling off the cleaner recruitment.

However, just as we did with the translation applicants last year, those who haven't been taken up will remain in our list of lifesavers in case we need help again. One of the reasons we have been able to sustain mostly weekly releases for more than a year is thanks to the timely help of people like Aia-chan, Choo Choo Cat, Jun, Jay and many others who have lent their skills and free time in our aid.

My apologies to the latest applicants for not posting this right when I filled the position. Because relatively few people read our releases via the blog (most use manga aggregators), I thought it would be more effective to wait to call off the recruitment by announcing it with our next release and didn't bother to do it here.

Now we have both a cleaner and a typesetter, we should be fine for the period of my trip. My only Drudger duty that isn't covered is proofreading, but that's not something that will cause the operation to stop. Jin writes very well and I normally just make some tweaks here and there. If we change our minds, we may post an ad for a proofreader later.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It'll be posted shortly after review (we've had some spam lately).