Saturday, July 4, 2015

Blast from the past: DICE 84

I've wanted to do this for a long time.

After the sorry affair with Mangaholics, our stream of chapters starting at 57 was left with a gap consisting of chapters 84 and 85, which the other group released after we conceded defeat and gave up for a brief period.

If it had been just a matter of the low edition quality of Mangaholics' releases, I wouldn't bother. Kenhyungnim's translations were good, after all. However, because he decided to take his site down, we were left with no place in the Internet where these chapters could be read as a continuous, seamless strip, without JPEG compression or resizing. For a series as beautiful as DICE, I thought of that as nothing less than heretic.

So I nagged Aia-chan to translate 84, and hope to do 85 in the near future. Fábio redrew part of it, and the rest was done by our good friend Jun. Here is the chapter, in all its glory:

DICE 84.

Incidentally, as usual, don't forget to support the author by visiting the original chapter at Naver. The masochistic might want to get some kicks out of looking at the latest official English release at LINE. (They are almost where our properly edited releases started, sigh…)

Ah, yes, when I typeset this chapter something caught my attention. Teacher Chun says at one point he would like to rewind time. I wonder whether this is a hint at Dongtae's future Strengthened skill? I hope not, time reversal is way too overpowered for my taste.

1 comment :

  1. Thanks for the post. I've been sharing the link for this site to my friends and it was really bothersome for some of them to search these chapters on other sites. Now that you're reposting them, it will be easier for newcomers. BTW thanks for everything you've done so far.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! It'll be posted shortly after review (we've had some spam lately).