Thursday, January 22, 2015

Help

A wise man once said " the speech bubbles are ugly as hell" and he was absolutely right.

But it got better. And so thank you Kfmnpah for redrawing them chapters like a boss. It sucks that you're not with us anymore (oh gosh, I'm making this sound as if you're dead or something) but you and Splicer (who is like a freaking ninja by the way- I'd be translating and BOOM he's there to typeset) are one of the reasons I kept translating after the bet was off. So hats off to yous for keeping this thing alive.

And if any of you are still reading this, is there anyone out there willing to redraw DICE? As of now, Xarix, Kabuto93, and Sarrymast, who've all been awesome enough to pitch in, but it'd be great if someone would pick up the job. 


As a side note, just know that you're not signing away your life or anything. No harsh feelings if you decide to leave (wouldn't be fair for me to be all mopey when I'm a rude asshole who drops things irresponsibly all the time). It's just... I'm already on overload and Splicer is more like Cleaning-Typesetting-Recruitinghelp-Misc-Splicer, so... yeah.

...Sorry for the obnoxiously big middle segment. I just wrote out my thoughts and since they tend to be drabbles, I figured I should address the situation at hand... through bolded, extra large, colorful font. Sounds legit.

7 comments :

  1. I'd glady help.
    From what i compared between the raws/translated, only chat bubbles and some minor text over images are done, everything else, like sfx, is left untouched, so I think i could do it.
    It would be my first time ever redrawing manga but if you don't find someone fitter for the role, I'll happily help.
    (I can draw, I know Photoshop, I study vector/pixel/draw/animate/edit using photoshop for game development at university).

    if im not picked, good luck on the hunt :)
    Thanks for doing DICE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, Fábio, we're willing to give you one page to try redrawing if you wanna give it a try. That is a good hands-on test, and if you can do it, you're in and will have already contributed to a double release!

      Yes, we don't do SFX, but I'll let you - and any other interested people - know it in advance (full disclosure is our policy)…

      DICE is the queen of all webtoons in terms of difficulty for redrawing. Everything is on gradient, the art is hard to reconstruct, and we work at a weekly pace, so we really need availability through the week. The page I'll give you has already seen some work from one of the redrawers listed above, so you'll be able to see what I am talking about when you try to bring it to completion.

      I am online right now, let me know how to contact you directly (email, IRC, Skype, whatever) and we discuss details.

      Delete
    2. By the way, don't worry about chat bubbles or text over simple patterns of art, that's my job as cleaner. Any applicants will only have to redraw areas of text over complicated art or patterns. There can be as few as two pages in need of redrawing per chapter, or as many as ten.

      Delete
    3. use this for either email/skype: fabiolouro_96 (at) hotmail (dot) com

      Delete
  2. By the way, what I said above to Fábio holds for anyone else who is interested. When we have found someone, we'll announce here, so please don't feel discouraged just because someone answered our call before you do. Given how difficult DICE is, the more applicants we have, the better. Even if we find someone to do the primary work, having other contacts in case of need is to our advantage and the readers', as it will ensure steady releases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, This is Sira. :)
      If I can be of any help. I´ll be glad to help with design. Im a comic and Multimedia student.I wont say Im the best of all, but Ill give all to get the work done neat and clear.
      I use AI, Photoshop, Manga studio 5ex...
      :) I love Dice so Ill feel more than happy.
      You can see my old drawings from 2008 to 2014 on my deviantart : http://blackpalmers.deviantart.com/
      :) You can send me a msn there or my skype. Siragrays (Just tell me is you).

      Delete
  3. I think Mooyoung is Dongtae from the future that has relived the dice game millions of times and failed to beat X every single time. He's become Mooyoung from his countless failures from X and trying to destroy the dice game so no longer cares about his actions as long as he can complete his goal.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! It'll be posted shortly after review (we've had some spam lately).